Thank you for your generosity in 2016
In the past year, Orbis Macau has succeeded in raising MOP17,871,186. We thank all supporters in Macau so much for enabling us to create so many sight-restoring opportunities via your generosity in 2016:
- Our new Flying Eye Hospital MD-10 began its life by flying to six major cities in the United States, China, Hong Kong, Macau Singapore.
- We launched 59 multi-year long range projects in 14 developing countries.
- We trained 40,321 doctors and other health care workers.
- We provided screenings and eye examinations to 3,532,737 persons/times.
- We performed 82,587 eye surgeries.
In collaborating with local partners including hospitals, universities, government agencies and ministries of health, our ultimate aim remains providing of hands-on ophthalmological training, strengthening of healthcare infrastructures and advocating the prioritization of eye health on countries’ public health agendas.